THOUGHTS FROM THE DESK OF FIRE CHIEF CATLING,
- Reminder not parking near hydrants (10 feet on each side)
- With the continued extreme weather changes, did everyone know of their escape plan and meeting place
- For the folks that need assistance in an emergency being in a wheelchair or on oxygen, please let me know who you are. If you are interested, please call Janice at 705-248-2548 and the information will be kept confidential for Fire Department eyes only (for our records).
- Chimney Cleaning Program at Dinelle's is hosted by the Echo Bay Fire Department. The equipment is signed out for a $10 deposit, which is refunded upon the return of the poles and brushes.
- Working on a solution for farmers burning hay or disposing of soiled hay.
FIRE PREVENTION WEEK - OCTOBER 4 - 10, 2015
50th Anniversary of the Echo Bay Fire Department was held on April 27, 2013, at the Echo Bay Fire Hall - 3407 Hwy 17 B .
In 1962, the Echo Bay Volunteer Fire Department was formed and in 1963 was chartered by Council. There was an open house and lunch held. All former firefighters, present firefighters, family and friends shared in the day to talk about memories of the years gone by. Also, everyone was able to get a birds eye view of the new equipment and trucks.
Fire Chief Janice Catling is always looking for pictures to add to their archives. If you have old pictures that pertain to the fire department and would like to share them, please call Janice at 705-248-2548. She will copy the pictures so that the owner will retain the original.