Looking For EBVFD Volunteer Fire Chief
TOWNSHIP OF MACDONALD, MEREDITH & ABERDEEN ADDITIONAL
ECHO BAY VOLUNTEER FIRE DEPARTMENT
VOLUNTEER FIRE CHIEF
The successful candidate is responsible for organization and direction of the Volunteer fire Department in order to ensure that loss of life, property or injury as a result of fire is prevented and/or minimized. The Fire Chief is responsible for directing the activities of the Fire Department and is the authority and command at the scene of a fire. The Fire Chief is responsible for directing all volunteer fire fighters and ensuring that fire fighters have adequate training. The Fire Chief is also responsible for ensuring that firefighting equipment is monitored on a regular basis and is in good working order. He/she will develop all policies and procedures concerning firefighting in accordance with the municipal by-law, legislation and policies and in accordance with the Office of the Fire Marshall. The Volunteer Fire Chief reports to Council and the Clerk Administrator.
· High School Diploma and minimum five years as Volunteer fire fighter;
· Supervisory experience in emergency and command and control situations;
· First Aid and CPR;
· Proficient knowledge in the following areas:
-By-laws; general knowledge of municipality and all areas covered by firefighting service agreement
-Firefighting techniques and methods
-Command and control techniques
-Investigation and evidence gathering techniques
-Firefighting training programs
-Training techniques and methods including volunteer training development and recognition
-Firefighting public education and awareness programs concerning protective services
-Public safety theories and methods
-Emergency response techniques
-Crowd control techniques
-An understanding of the northern cultural and political environment
· Must be able to demonstrate leadership skills, analytical and problem solving skills, decision making, negotiation, effective verbal and listening communication skills, ability to deal effectively with people in difficult situations, effective written communication including the ability to prepare reports, effective public relations, research and program development skills, time management skills,
· Must demonstrate the following personal attributes, respect, flexiblity, sound work ethics, consistent and fair
· Knowledge and ability to use computer software programs such as MS Word, Power Point, Outlook & Internet
· Valid Class DZ driver’s license as required to operate Township vehicles
Application Deadline: Friday, February 16, 2018 at 4:30 p.m.
Please Mail or bring your Resume & Cover Letter to:
Township of Macdonald, Meredith & Aberdeen Additional
208 Church St. P.O. Box 10, Echo Bay, ON P0S 1C0
Fax – 705-248-3091
Attention: Lynne Duguay, Clerk Administrator
Visit echobay.ca for a full detailed job description or pick up at the municipal office.
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Township of Macdonald, Meredith & Aberdeen Additional is an inclusive employer. Accommodation is available in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005