Basic Computing starts Feb 12
TOWNSHIP OF MACDONALD, MEREDITH & ABERDEEN ADDITIONAL & THESSALON CONTINUING EDUCATION
Where: Municipal Office-Council Chambers, 208 Church St. Echo Bay
When: Monday February 12, 2018, Thursday Feb. 15, Feb. 20 Feb. 22, Feb. 26 March 1 (six sessions)
Time: 10:00 a.m.-noon
Requirement: Bring your own computer/laptop/tablet/I-pad
· How to turn on and log into your computer
· Mouse and keyboard basics
· Using and navigating programs
· Navigating and searching for webpages
· Setting up home page and favourites
· Finding local news, weather, and phone numbers
· Find “How To” videos and television shows
· Navigating graphical interfaces (i.e. online maps)
· Buying and selling online
· Basic printing of online content
The Basic Computing course begins with fundamental skills, such as turning on and logging into computer and using the mouse and keyboard. Students then learn to navigate the Windows environment, performing such tasks as recognizing different parts of the computer “desktop” opening and closing programs, and working within program windows. The following sessions of this course are spent using the internet to search for websites, locate images, and lookup other information, such as online maps, telephone directories and general conversions. You may also use the internet to locate personal interest websites, perform job searches, buying and selling and plan vacations.
Depending on the response we receive and the different devices and operating systems people have, we may divide into separate classes.
To register for this course contact Thessalon Continuing Education at 705-842-9191 or Township of Macdonald Municipal Office 705-248-2441 or Leisure Services Coordinator Cindy Findlay 705-248-1166. Registration is free!